Total Care Learning® is a holistic approach to education, balancing in-class learning, individual study, and experiential learning to make students more engaged in their education – maximizing their academic potential.
Total Care Learning® focuses not only on what is learned, but also how it is learned.
100% graduation rate, with 83.2% of our graduates admitted to the world’s top universities,
and millions of dollars in scholarships earned.
- Supremely qualified, many of whom have postgraduate degree (e.g., Ph.D. and Master).
- Passionate about teaching, with an average of 23 years of teaching experience
- Empathetic to international students, as many of them have international teaching experience
- State-of-the-art Smartboards to better engage students in their learning
- A Blended Learning model so students learn more effectively
- A balanced and fair performance evaluation system
- Instead of evaluating student bases on a single,final exam, our system is based on a combination of unit tests, projects, presentations and final exam (30%) over the entire semester
- Our unique Circle of Care Committee to detect, intervene in, and monitor any student issues on a weekly basis
Proper Guidance to Maximize Students’ Learning Paths
- Administrating diagnostic assessments at the beginning of their studies
- One-on-one counselling throughout to guide the students in selecting courses that will optimize their chance for successful learning
- Working with the students to come up with a PersonalSuccess Plan (PSP) that maps out their long-term curriculum needs
Customized Academic Programs
Fit Students’ Interests & Aptitudes
- A large selection of courses that cover a wide spectrum of subject matter and scholastic levels
- Flexibility to fit the needs of an individual student, such as:
- Offering accelerated ESL programs to help students who need extra attention
- Allowing combined study of ESL & academic courses to save time
- Offering additional course support for gifted students
Building Skills Needed
for Success at University
- Going beyond teaching our students the content of textbooks, we teach them critical thinking, inquiry, collaboration, report-writing and presentation skills.
- Identifying students’ interests and passions early, we provide guidance to set them up for success with the same area of studies in their future
Providing Constant In-house
Learning Assistance in Multiple Ways
- Students receive materials online, in advance, so they are better prepared to learn and engage in the classroom.
- Tutoring & support for students:
- In person, with our professional tutors, teachers and peer tutor
- At school throughout the day
- In Residence in the evening
- Online, 24 x 7
- Organized study groups, led by teachers and peers
Counseling for Senior Students to
Reach their Dream Universities
- Counselling by our experienced University Placement Counsellors to ensure every graduating student is given the best opportunity for admission and scholarships from the best possible universities
- Supplementary application workshop to help our graduates to stand apart from the competition
- Early identiﬁcation of high achievers, who then get special support to maximize success
CIC employs over 100 full-time teachers, making it the biggest faculty among Canadian high schools.
We are proud of their world-class pedigree and positive effects on students, demonstrated by three key characteristics:
- Field-specific training, with most of them having a post-graduate degree
- Highly experienced, including teaching internationally
Take on a role in their students’ lives beyond the curriculum:
- Guiding students to discover their own talents
- Encouraging students to be open to new experiences.
- Stimulating students to develop an inquisitive mind
- Demonstrating the power of knowledge to students.
- Shaping students’ character with fundamental values
- Motivating students to think independently and to take initiative
- Supporting students with genuine care and ongoing interest in their development
- Dynamic Classroom Style
- Proactively identifying individual learning and tailoring the teaching to meet each individual’s needs and talents
- Connecting the curriculum with many aspects of a student’s life to maximize student engagement
- Using assessment tools to guide a student’s individual learning plan
- Cutting-edge Teaching Techniques
- Continually exploring and experimenting with digital learning and teaching methods
- Employing a blended learning model to maximize student engagement through the use of computers and mobile devices
- Commitment to Self-improvement
- Constantly improving their skills through professional development
- Treating their own subject matter expertise as a lifelong pursuit that demands constant honing and updating
The world-class faculty at CIC has a multi-year record of excellence, producing top results for students: first among all Canadian high schools in both admission to Canada’s top-ranked universities and amount of admission scholarship awarded to students.