Total Care Education System ®
We believe that truly caring about our students helps foster strong values, a sense of character, and instills them with the courage to pursue their dreams. Based on our commitment to our students’ well-being, health and success, and to realize our vision to be the world’s most caring school, we created the Total Care Education System®.
Our mission is to deliver peace of mind for parents and foster student success.
Unique to Columbia International College, the Total Care Education System is designed to nurture international students in four areas essential to their growth and achievement.
Total Care Communication®
Success at school takes more than just brain power. Research shows that a child’s complete needs are Academic, Social, Emotional and Physical (ASEP). CIC is the only institution in Canada providing comprehensive care for the unique ASEP needs of international students in a one-school, one-system centralized manner. ASEP is the cornerstone of CIC’s Total Care Education System.
A modern curriculum taught by acclaimed staff sets students on the path to the universities of their choice.
A rich, diverse experience
A full life of sports, clubs, volunteering, events and leadership coaching keep students active and developing the social skills critical to their growth into adulthood.
Health and safety
Nutritious meals, nurses on-site, professional campus security and constant attention from residence staff ensure students are always looked after.
Early ASEP Assessment
ASEP assessments are reviewed weekly to identify high achievers and those who need more support.
For young people to grow up healthy, happy and motivated, it requires constant attention to their academic, social, emotional and physical needs. CIC’s entire staff is dedicated to providing for the complete needs of our students, at all times, similar to the way their parents would. Here are just a few examples of our ASEP Care:
At Columbia International College:
- Caring is the time we invest in the dreams of our students, so that we might better guide and support them on their journey to success
- Caring is the environment we create to nurture the health of our students and to keep them safe
- Caring is a proactive attitude – anticipating the needs of our students and taking the right actions to keep them focused on worthwhile goals
- Caring is an attentive ear that listens without judgment
- Caring is the interdisciplinary team that supports a student through life’s dif cult times, just as a parent would
- Caring demands our best efforts and resourcesWe believe that truly caring about our students helps foster strong values, a sense of character, and instills them with the courage to pursue their dreams.
From the moment they apply to study with us, to the day they graduate, CIC is set up to make sure students track to their full potential, and ultimately their long-term goals – be it entrance to a particular university, or beyond. Here’s how CIC helps each student at each step of their journey:
Application & Admission
- Recognize all prior academic levels
- Grant equivalent credits
- Offer various levels of ESL, Math and Sciences
- Credit system to facilitate a personalized program of study
- Live or online chat with our admission staff to assist with any questions
Settling in on Campus
- Airport arrival meeting service
- Individual study desks and closets for each student
- Brand new pillow and comforter for new students
- First semester roommates matched based on regional compatibility (culture/language)
- New lock to secure personal safe keeping drawer in room
- Free cell phone SIM card so students can reconnect with families and friends
Orientation & Registration
- School Orientation Week for all new students
- Orientation activities designed to foster new friendships
- Residence Orientation Month
- Diagnostic tests to assist in class placement
- Up to 23 meals a week by Sodexo, a world renowned professional food service
- Availability of special meals based on religion or other dietary needs
- Door-to-door school bus service
- Nurses on-site at residences every day of the week
- On-campus after-school sports programs and other activities
- Dedicated, high-speed Wi-Fi internet in school and residence buildings
- Multilingual admissions and liaison staff facilitate communication with both students and parents
Well rounded education
- After-class tutoring by teachers, daily evening tutoring in residence by special tutors and peers and online tutoring
- Circle of Care monitors student performance and provides extra care for those who need attention
- Character building, leadership training and experiential learning
- Community service opportunities, sports, clubs and other events
- Ongoing counselling service for those in need
- One-on-one guidance counselling to develop and monitor individualized study plan
- Career aptitude survey to help students in career planning
- Skills improvement workshops
- Online EZreport card is available to parents anytime, anywhere
Preparing for university entrance
- University Placement Of ce to help navigate application and selection process
- On-site information seminars for graduating students by representatives of major Canadian universities
- Seminars, workshops and one-on-one sessions to advise graduating students on making university choices
- Exclusive scholarships and admission advantages for CIC’s graduating students offered by our University Partners®
- CIC graduates are admitted to ALL universities in Canada without any provincial examination or university entrance examination
- Our graduates are eligible for admission:
– to many American universities without SATs
– to all universities in the UK without A Levels